Oh boy! I got tagged to play MORE games! I love games! First, my friend Nala tagged me for the 40 things game. I decided to play the way she did and share my 40 things with Mom. I will tag my new friends Mona & the Mommy Too!, Tibby The Schnauzer Mix, and Stella to play this game if they haven’t already!
KYLIE’S 20 THINGS
1) I was found by my Mom & Dad through Petfinder.com
2) The rescue that saved me from “death row” at a shelter in TN was PetMatchMaker.org
3) I was 7 Months old when I went to my Forever Home
4) I had at least 3 names in my first 7 Months. Fluffer, Gracie, Kylie
5) I was spade and micro-chipped on May 14, 2007
6) I went to my forever home on May 15, 2007
7) I was afraid of my Mom and Dad the first day I met them (May 12, 2007) and hid under the car and growled and nipped at them for over an hour…. (Whoops!)
8) I am afraid of strangers
9) I am terrified of children/kids – We aren’t really sure why but I will used to bark and growl and be very mean towards them. Now I can be in the same room as Mom’s nephews and niece, just as long as they stay on the OTHER side and leave me alone!
10) I have only had 2 pee and 1 poo and 1 vomit accidents in the house ever *Knock on wood*
11) I love my Nite-Nite (crate) I am now on my third one cause I keep growing. Although Mom insists I don’t NEED the GIANT one I have now, she was just being super nice and had a moment of temporary insanity
12) When I would see a dog walking in our old neighborhood, even if he/she was 3 blocks away, I would start to crouch down as I walked so that eventually I would be flat on my belly when I got up to the new dog and when he/she came to sniff me, I would jump up and play bow and try to get them to chase me!!
13) For the first year my Mom had me I didn’t eat any meals out of a bowl. I would have to earn my breakfast on our walks with commands. We would also walk down to the Train Station and ask people if they wanted to give me a treat (MY BREAKFAST or DINNER!) so that I would start to see strangers as a source of food and nothing to be scared of.
14) Two of my favorite toys are my Tunnel ($5 from IKA!!) and my Treadmill (Free off Craigslist)
15) I was never afraid of the Treadmill and I will sit on it and will it with all my might to make it move. I can walk on the treadmill with no leash for 20 minutes while Mom is in the other room getting ready for work. (she just comes and checks on me every few minutes and gives me a treat.)
16) Mom and Dad call me: The Funniest Doggie in the WOOORLD, Monkey, Munchkin, Goober, Gremlin, Monster, Baby, Girlie
17) I have to hold all my commands until released. At least I am supposed too… So Sit means stay sitting until they say “ok”… Same for all the commands. It means they don’t have to say “Sit, stay, kylie sit, sit, stay….” All they say is “Sit” and walk away and I will just sit and watch them.
18) I can’t leave the house until someone says “ok” Even if the door is open! One time I ran out when I wasn’t supposed to because I knew we were going across the street to play with my Puppy friends Kona and Pepe. I heard them outside and I darted out the door before Mom clipped my leash! She was NOT HAPPY! She came and got me and held my collar and walked me home and made me just sit at the open door and look outside and watch them play. She would then say OK and let me come out to her, and then make me go back in. We did this for 15 minutes. Then I had to go back in and I never got to go play. I never ran out the door again.
19) I love car rides. I enjoy going to NH to Nawnie and Papa’s. I will be sound asleep and when we are about half a mile from their house I wake up and start pacing in the back and whining the closer we get until I can’t contain my excitement! Mom and Dad find it really funny that I always know when to wake up! (Oh yea, I can’t jump out of the car until I’m invited out. Mom can open the tailgate to the jeep and walk to the end of the driveway and I will stay in the car, even when other dogs and people walk by.)
20) I’m a snuggler. When Mom doesn’t feel good I like to walk up to her and put my head in her lap. If she’s in bed with a migraine I will bring her stuffies and try to make her feel better and I like to lick the ice she holds on her head. I will usually lay at Mommy’s feet or side when I have to pick between her or Daddy. I love Daddy lots, but Mommy will usually start petting me!
MOM’S 20 THINGS (Ali)
1) I was born in Natick , MA . (Pronounced NEAH- TICK. Neah like a horse. Not NAW-TICK) I lived there until I went and lived at College for 2 years then moved back home. My first 2 apartments were in Natick . I work in Natick . (I think I classify as a Townie)
2) My parents bought land and built a new house and we moved across town when I was 11.
3) My childhood dog was Chelsea “Just for Fun” Mason. A purebred Shetland Sheep Dog (Sheltie) Although, she ended up being much bigger than a typical Sheltie. When at one point we tried to breed her, they said she was too big.
4) I will never forget having to bring Chelsea to the vet to put her down when she was 14 years old.
5) I dread that day for Kylie.
6) I did swim team, competitive speech team *yea I’m a dork*, theatre, stage crew and AV film crew all in high school.
7) I went to Fitchburg State College for 2 years and Framingham State College for 2 years and got my degree in Media Communications/ Video Editing. Now, I answer phones for a living.
8) I love hanging out with friends and try to host a Game Night every few months.
9) I recently found out I like Magners Hard Cider.
10) I do home visits for the rescue group Forever Home Rescue of New England. I usually end up doing in home training with my Home Visit Clients.
11) I do dog walking on my lunch break from work. The most I had was 4 dogs in my hour break.
12) I have 2 older sisters- Jennifer & Michelle, 1 older brother- David– who are all married.
13) I have 3 nephews- Collin, Liam & Brady, and 1 niece- Erin. Matt has one nephew- Jackson, with one on the way (Possibly another Liam!).
14) I have been a bridesmaid in 3 weddings, a flower girl in 1 wedding, an alter server in 1 wedding, and a reader in 1 wedding.
15) I met Kylie’s Dad August 2004.
16) I’m still waiting for a ring from him. (LOL)
17) About 4 months after paying off the loan on my first car (Saturn SC2) I traded it in for a 2004 Jeep Liberty.
18) Jobs I’ve had: Newspaper delivery, Babysitting, YMCA Summer Sports Camp Councilor, Project Manager Assistant at Kay Cos. A development company, Office Administrator for Next Generation Children Centers A daycare and early development center, Office/executive Assistant for Crosspoint Associates a Commercial Property development and management company.
19) I like to sew.
20) I am really happy to have found the DWB community because I feel like I have a whole world network of people who really ‘get’ me and understand the joys that our furry friends bring us!
Tonight I was tagged by my newest friend Mango! Mango and his brother Dexter (AKA: Pee-Wee) only lives a couple towns over from me!!! I might have to make Mom coordinate a pupdate! Mango started a very cool game “What Were you Doing Last Year?” You go into your bloggy archives and find your post from a year ago. Let’s see, a year ago I was only 15 Months old and I was showing off my new toy. You can read about it and see some pictures HERE!
I think I am going to tag 3 of my newest friends, Khyra The Siberian Husky, Scott and Sophie The Pointers, and The OP Pack!!
I’ll be sure to get Mom to post some new pictures of me tomorrow! Maybe she can take some pictures of me ice skating before she goes to work! BOL
EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN 2 INCHES OF ICE!
Read Full Post »